|Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Show begins 4:35pm and runs until 6:45pm
Above the Stratford Airport (access and parking details below)
Admission by Cash Donation ($20 per vehicle recommended)
COVID-Friendly Drive In Show…
- Parking begins at 3pm.
- Please enter from the South on Perth Road 111
(Road closures in effect; CLICK HERE FOR MAP)
- Parking will be in the field directly across the road from the Stratford Airport terminal building.
- Parking will be on a first come basis.
- Spectators will be directed to a designated 20ft x 25ft parking spot. Spectators may remain in their vehicle or bring lawn chairs and sit beside their vehicles. Spectators are asked to remain in their designated parking spot unless needing to access washroom facilities.
- There will be a buffer between each row of vehicles allowing for pedestrian traffic to access washroom facilities.
- LISTEN LIVE to the Air Show Broadcast on 87.9 FM.
- Keep an eye out for the roaming NEW ORLEANS PIZZA wagon!
Large Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza $15, Water $2. Cash only.
- GO HOME WITH CASH — 50/50 tickets available: 1 for $5, 3 for $10, 7 for $20. Cash only.
Winning ticket will be announced at 6:30pm on 87.9 FM.
- Some restrictions will apply to vehicle type and size — no motor homes or campers please.
- Event will run rain or shine.
Air show includes theSnowbirds, CF-18 Demo Team and a variety of aircraft (Beach 3nm, Boeing B75N1, NA Harvards, Giles 202, Yak 50, L29, MIG15, T33, Vampires, Pitts Model 12) doing a variety of solo flybys, solo aerobatics and formation flybys.
Please respect social distancing and enjoy the show!
About the Canadian Forces Snowbirds…
The Canadian Forces Snowbirds are proud to uphold the legacy of military aviation excellence as Canada’s elite air demonstration team for 50 seasons.
The Snowbirds signature 9-jet precision formation flying is made possible thanks to a highly skilled and dedicated team of pilots, technicians, mobile support operators, resource management support clerks, engineers, logistics officer and public affairs officer. Together, while serving as ambassadors, all members of the Canadian Forces Snowbirds showcase the skill, professionalism and teamwork inherent in the women and men of the Canadian Armed Forces.
The Canadian Forces Snowbirds are based out of 15 Wing Moose Jaw in Saskatchewan and are comprised of approximately 80 Canadian Armed Forces members, 24 who will travel to 30 locations across Canada and the United States for the 2021 season.
The Canadian Forces Snowbirds fly the CT-114 Tutor aircraft that was designed and built in Canada by Canadair as the Canadian Armed Forces primary jet trainer until it was replaced by the CT-155 Hawk and CT-156 Harvard II in 2000.
The single General Electric J85 engine produces 2,700 pounds of thrust which propels the relatively light aircraft to speeds of more than 400 knots. The straight wing design creates a lot of lift and the controls are finely tuned making it a classic sports car of the air. Despite its age, with the exceptional maintenance it receives, the Tutor is a perfect platform as a formation aerobatic demonstration jet.
The Snowbirds were formed in 1971 and have flown the Tutor for all 50 seasons, a testament to the Canadian-built design and our team of professional maintenance technicians.